Start your next career journey with us!
Do you love supporting people who have difficulties with daily activities? Helping people with physical or learning disabilities or older people?
Are you sensitive and tactful when talking to people about their needs? Do you apply a sense of humour and cheerfulness to doing the tasks that will make their lives easier and more pleasant?
If the answers to these questions are YES, then we’re looking for you!
The Care Support Assistant is a critical role as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection. As a Care Support Assistant your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Provide day to day care and support to each individual resident; to offer a warm, safe environment for each resident, ensuring their comfort and welfare needs are met.
- Support the residents to prepare and transport to Care Community events that promote a positive resident experience.
- Acts as a resident companion as directed; provides comfort and support and companionship to the residents.
- Assists with table/tray preparation, serving of beverages and accompaniments, and serving of food.
- Completes laundry and housekeeping duties as directed, including, but not limited to, restocking shelves and making beds and transporting personal laundry to and from the laundry to the residents’ room and organizing closets and cleaning bedside tables.
- Participates in admission orientation and the transfer process of the residents as directed.
- Transports the residents to and from their rooms, recreational activities, health office and dining room as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Safe Food Handling Certificate and WHMIS certificate.
- Ability to work independently and/ or as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively when working with residents, families and visitors.
- Ability to model the warmth of human connection in communicating with residents, families, and visitors.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Experience working with seniors is preferred.
|Job Category||Patient Care Support|