Start your next career journey with us!
As a Registered Nurse, your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Provide for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physicians orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of a RN. You will utilize sound nursing practice principles to ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care in the assigned home area(s).
• Ensure a timely and accessible admission for the residents including a comprehensive orientation to the home and the services offered within the home.
• Ensure that resident transfers and discharges are timely and safe.
• Ensure the supply, control and safe keeping of drugs and narcotics, ensure protocols are followed on all assigned shifts.
• Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to meet the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, cultural and social needs of the residents.
• Respond to all emergencies immediately; acts as the emergency manager until relieved by the ADOC, DOC or Executive Director.
• Collaborate with the inter-professional team including medical team members, clinical specialists, and consultants in support of effective clinical care for all residents.
• Participate in in-services and education of nursing team members and other departments as required.
• Act as a role model for nursing team members performing within the professional guidelines of College of Nurses in the applicable province and in accordance with relevant provincial legislation requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science Nursing (BScN), Bachelor of Nursing (BN), or equivalent.
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
• Minimum of two years related clinical experience (experience in rehabilitation or long term care nursing preferred).
• Sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing including activation, activity programs, nursing and personnel administration.
• Knowledgeable with respect to the nursing process, developments and current trends in the geriatric care field.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.